Classification of scholars into divisions
There have been some issues concerning the classification of Sunday School scholars into the correct divisions. Enrolment of new scholars and reclassification in Australia takes place in September. Below is outlined the correct basis for classifying scholars into their appropriate divisions which has been in effect since 1988.
The division is the same as the age that the scholar turns in the calendar year of enrolment is the division they should be in.
- A scholar who turns 5 years in 2012 is in Division 5 for the Sunday School year commencing September 2012.
- A scholar who has his 9th birthday on 28 December 2012 is in Division 9 for the Sunday School year commencing September 2012.
- A scholar who turned 11 years on 6 January 2012 will be in Division 11 for the Sunday School commencing September 2012.
While not prefered, we recognise that children may be put into a division that is not their correct division. These reasons could include:
- Only one child in a division with their friends in another division
- A child may have learning difficulties
In such cases, please include a note with projects and exams outlining the reason for the purposes of marking.